Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A
The Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A Limited Edition is one of the most exclusive and powerful compressors ever built. Only 50 hardware units were created. The VCA section is much punchier on this version. Brainworx Audio added even more features to the emulation of the already modded hardware version. It’s punchier, faster and more versatile than the previous.
With the limited-edition Shadow Hills Industries included an updated Class A discrete compressor section utilizing Lundahl input transformers as well as hand wiring each compressor with Mogami Cable, an important factor when Brainworx Audio modeled one of these limited units as it gave the limited-edition version a different character to the original.
During rigorous shoot-out tests against the Shadow Hills Industries Mastering Compressor, our pro audio engineers observed time and time again that the Class A features a smoother compression sound, punchier VCA, a more pronounced sonic dimension and an overall larger size and perceived depth. Another interesting difference between the Shadow Hills Industries Mastering Compressor and the Class A version is that with the gain set to identical values on both units, the Class A version clocks in roughly 1 to 3 dBs higher, matching the emulated hardware and as a result, delivering a thicker and richer tone to whatever is running through it.
For this limited-edition, Brainworx Audio included its well-known retractable Extra Unit. The BX Extra Unit provides the following features: Brainworx´s TMT (patent pending Tolerance Modeling Technology), MS - processing, Mono-Maker, Stereo Width, Parallel Mix, Sidechain Filter continuously variable 12 dB per octave high pass filter and a Headroom parameter.
Visually, this version can also be distinguished by red LEDs on the front panel versus the green ones found on the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor.
- Exacting emulation of the original Class A limited edition of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, endorsed by Shadow Hills Industries.
- Class-A discrete compressor section
- Only 50 units have been ever made!
- Separate Optical and Discrete compression sections for two-stage compression techniques.
- Switchable Output Transformers - Nickel, which adds a nice top end sparkle. Iron which adds a little character in the mid's, and Steel which adds additional harmonic distortion.
- BRAINWORX Plugin Only Features added to the additional panel: Brainworx´s TMT, Headroom, M/S Processing, Mono-Maker, Stereo Width, Parallel Mix, Sidechain Filter, External Sidechain, Scalable User Interface