ProAudioDSP DSM V3
Developed by Paul Frindle, the developer of some of the most respected and beloved products in the recording history, including the SSL E / G series consoles, and the mighty SONY OXFORD OXF-3 digital boards.
The Dynamic Spectrum Mapper (DSM) plugin is intended to provide multi-dimensional control over both, the spectral response and dynamic characteristics of your audio.
The use of novel processing and program capture algorithms provides the ability to achieve exemplary results in common tasks such as program compression and enhancement, vocal expression and instrument characterization very quickly.
The ability to capture, modify and re-apply the spectral characteristics of your track is a powerful creative tool in all stages of the production cycle, from recording and mixing to mastering stages.
DSM V3 has many use cases, from matching tracks in mastering to evening out difficult audio tracks in a mix. It even serves as an amazing De-Esser!
DSM V3 certainly is a weapon in Mastering!
- Capture the signature sound from one track, and dynamically impress it upon a different track. The Dynamic Spectrum Mapping of the DSM V3 lends a more believable result than the conventional EQ matching method.
- Balance out individual tracks by capturing a perfect section of the file and applying it to the whole track.
- DSM V3 is not only offering compression but also expansion of your audio material.
- Improved workflow adding intuitive control for adjusting frequency curves.
- More than 3 times as many frequency bands as conventional multiband compressors, with particularly fine resolution in the mids and highs, where the lion's share of character and vocal timbre are formed.
- Proprietary Capture System uses both spectral and dynamic information to obtain a Threshold Curve. Thus, program compression, expansion and de-essing is performed with reference to a credible, authentic frequency response.