Brainworx Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099
Legendary analog sound with an incredible feature set
Released at the turn of the millennium with the slogan “Artistry in Analogue”, the 9098i Console designed by Rupert Neve (the designer) was one of the highest achievements in analog console design. Today, it becomes Brainworx's most fully-featured console plugin with the release of the bx_console AMEK 9099.
Musical EQs with comprehensive dynamic control
The AMEK 9099 has the kind of EQ that provides you wide, musical curves, capable of tightening up enough to give you the precision you need without ever sounding “bad.” The dynamics section goes even further than the norm, with a fully variable expander, gate, compressor, and limiter, complete with extremely flexible sidechain capabilities.
Unique features not found in other consoles
The original AMEK 9098i was dotted with features not commonly found in analog consoles of its day. The EQ shelves feature a “Sheen” and “Glow” mode for even smoother boosts and cuts, while the parametric bands include a “Notch” mode for even more precise cuts. A unique “Ambience” switch in the dynamics section lets you easily hear exactly what your compressor is doing. And, the onboard EQ can operate as a fully parametric dynamics sidechain filter for even more precise control of your compressor and limiter.
More features than any other bx_console plugin
The engineers at Brainworx improved on a good thing by adding parameters not found on the original hardware. They added on a special “Clip” function in the limiter for super fast and smooth soft clipping and created a new fully functional expander/gate with its own sidechain filter, inspired by legendary analog gear. And, for the first time ever in a bx_console plugin, there’s even an onboard Mono Maker, Stereo Width and Auto Listen control.
Powered by Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT)
Like every plugin in the bx_console line, the AMEK 9099 takes advantage of the proprietary Brainworx TMT design, to more accurately emulate the performance and behavior of a real analog console. Modeled after Dirk Ulrich’s own favorite AMEK strips, each channel is emulated at the component level to provide subtle channel-to-channel variances for greater dimension, width and depth, just like on a real analog console.
Legal Disclaimer: The Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099 was developed by Brainworx Audio using its own modeling techniques, and one of the products studied was the AMEK 9098i Console. Rupert Neve is a registered trademark of RND (Rupert Neve Designs), which is unaffiliated with Brainworx Audio. RND has not licensed any intellectual property for use in the bx_console AMEK 9099, nor have they endorsed or supported the bx_console AMEK 9099 in any manner.
- Brainworx's most extensive TMT Console Emulation based on the legendary AMEK 9098i Console
- Full-featured console emulation includes a Compressor, Limiter, Clipper, 4-Band EQ, wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters, and a newly designed Expander/Gate.
- “Sheen” and “Glow” modes alter the behavior of the shelving filters for smoother boosts and cuts
- “Notch” function on the parametric EQ bands to eliminate problems areas without affecting neighboring bands
- Mono Maker offers control over low-frequency stability by centering the sound image
- Stereo Width expands or narrows the sound image
- Specially designed Noise Gate inspired by legendary analog gear
- Gate Key Listen lets you listen to the signal at the gate side chain input
- Auto Listen solos the frequency band you’re adjusting to hear your changes in detail
- TMT - Brainworx patented “Tolerance Modeling Technology” (US Patent No. 10,725,727)
- Artist Presets - Loaded with plenty of useful presets to give you a starting place for finding your sound